Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Some quick concept art I came up with the other day, no references used just what was on my mind,


Some of my recent Character Busts/Heads









Friday, July 12, 2013

Steampunk Dwarf - WIP

Strictly created with Zbrush.  From Zspheres to final form and detailing, using sculpt tools and various polypainting methods:




Thursday, June 20, 2013

WIP - Braveheart Character Model

Done using 3DSmax, Sculptris, Zbrush, and Photoshop.


Gaurdian Character Concept Submitted as a Contest to the creators of Detiny the Game

All done from scratch in Photoshop. 

Batman Bust

Bust Sculpted in Sculptris, Render done in 3DSmax, Texturing done in Zbrush and Adobe Photoshop using ZappLink Script.



Game Art - Created on Personal Time

A Little Prop Scene I tossed together in an Hr. or So.  Textures done in Photoshop.  Modeling, Lighting and Rendering done in 3DSmax.
 A Dungeon I created in 3DSMax.  Textures created using Photoshop. 

Gnome Finished Still Renders and Walk Cycle:





Thursday, February 28, 2013

Alien Bust Sculpt

Every now and then, it helps to practice.  Practice makes perfect right?  We learn new things everyday.  I decided to just play around with sculptris abit at work the other day, and made this model of an alien:


Not too bad.  I had fixed a lot of things along the way though, and then thought.  Why not work on this sculpt and make it a portfolio piece.  I went on to poly painting within sculptris, with custom brushes. This is a preview in Sculptris:

This is great and all but I got carried away with the modeling and it turns out I had over a million polys!!!  Placing this model in 3DS Max made it crash always.  So I turned to Zbrush for help.  In Zbrush I used the decimation plugin and it worked like a charm!  Preserving my UVs and bringing my model to 300,000 polys.  Still a pretty huge number, but far better than a million + polygons.
 
 With all that done, back to max.  In max I applied a SSS Fast Skin shader using the UVs I had made in Sculptris.  Gave my character a 3 pt. lit scene and rendered I used final gather GI and rendered.  The final images were composited using Adobe Photoshop.  This is the final image:

 

Monday, February 25, 2013

Gnome head Work in Progress

In development.  This is what I have so far for the Gnome to be placed withing the fantastical scene with the mystical tree.  So far I'm liking what I have managed to create for the character.


-Francesco

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New 3d Scene Under Way....

I've been working on a scene that deals primarily with an elder mystical tree and a gnome.
I've recently been working on displacement maps, trying to create grass as realistically as I could within the scene.  Lighting as always plays a big factor in the scene, so I will be going to try my best it making this all work.  So far this is what I have: 


Renders of the tree:

Concept art for the Gnome: